It’s really important to back up your iPhone to ensure that all of the data stored on it is secure. The most common iPhone backup methods are iTunes and iCloud. Both methods are straightforward, but they can be time consuming.
Why does my iPhone back up take so long?
There are lots of reasons that could be at play: the amount of data on your device (photos, videos etc) and the size and quality of that data, the network speed (how fast your internet connection is) and the condition of your handset are all factors. An iTunes backup is usually faster than iCloud because the backup is stored locally on your Mac or PC rather than the cloud. If your iCloud memory and your device’s internal memory is almost full this will also increase the time it takes to back up.
What can I do to make my iPhone back up faster?
- Use a third-party backup service provider like Enigma Recovery
With so many issues contributing to painfully slow iTunes and iCloud backups, why not eliminate the problem entirely by using a faster backup tool? Enigma Recovery is an all-in-one data recovery and storage service that includes a trusted backup solution. Enigma Recovery’s Incremental Backup feature helps safeguard your iPhone data (text messages, WhatsApp messages and photo attachments, photos and videos, calendar, notes, contacts, calls and more) and ensures that you can retrieve and transfer it quickly and easily. You can view your scans and recover and restore specific items, giving you much more control over the recovery process than standard iTunes and iCloud backups.
An incremental back up is a type of backup that only saves the changes made to your data since your last backup. It is the most effective way to back up your iPhone data safely and quickly. With our Incremental Backup feature, you perform an initial full backup, and then all subsequent backups are incremental only, saving you valuable time.
Download Enigma Recovery® today
Download Enigma Recovery to your Mac or Windows computer. You will need the unlocked, full version of the software to use the Incremental Backup feature.
- Clean up your device by deleting the cookies stored in your browser. This will help improve your phone’s memory. To clear your history and cookies, go to Settings > Safari > tap Clear History and Website data. To clear cookies and keep your history, go to Settings > Safari >Advanced > Website data > tap Remove all Website Data.
- Remember to delete unused or unwanted videos, photos and music files (files with a large footprint) when you no longer need them to free up space. Good phone housekeeping will help prolong the memory and improve the performance of your device.
- Remove or disable large apps: if you can’t delete apps from your device, you can disable the ones that take up a lot of space. Go to Settings on your iPhone or iPad > tap on your name > tap iCloud > disable the app’s backup function.
- Turn off unwanted backups: Some apps and data will be more important to you than others. If you have apps on your device that you don’t use much or that you don’t need to back up (for example if you just have old shopping lists stored on Notes), then toggle Notes off in iCloud. Go to Settings > tap your name > General > Storage and iCloud Usage > Manage Storage in iCloud > select the name of the app > tap ‘Delete backup’.
- Check your internet connection: if you have an unstable or unreliable internet connection this can really slow your backup down. To fix this problem you’ll need to move to a faster internet provider.
We hope these suggestions help to resolve your backup issues. As we’ve just seen, there are steps you can take to improve the speed of your iTunes and iCloud backups. But we would always recommend Enigma Recovery’s Incremental Backup if you think you’d benefit from a faster, more sophisticated backup, storage and recovery solution.